This motor car is no longer available - Please contact us for any further information you may require.
Although having a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140, the XK150 was radically modernized. A one piece windscreen replaced the split screen, and the wing line no longer dropped as much over the doors. The bonnet was widened, opened down to the wings, and on the roadster the bulkhead was moved back 4 inches (102 mm) to make the bonnet longer. The car was available in a variety of colours. In the interior, the XK140's walnut dashboard was replaced by one trimmed in leather.
The standard engine, the same as fitted to the XK140, was the 3.4 litre DOHC Jaguar straight-6 rated at 180 BHP at 5750 rpm. The SE engine had a modified cylinder head with larger exhaust valves rated at 210 BHP at 5500 rpm. These had twin 1.75-inch (44 mm) SU HD6 carburettors fitted. Four-wheel Dunlop 12 in (305 mm) disc brakes appeared for the first time although it was theoretically possible to order a car with drums. Either wire wheels or disc wheels could be specified. Suspension and chassis were very similar to that on the XK140 and steering was by rack and pinion. The XK 150 was launched initially as the FHC or DHC in 1957 - the roadster did not reach production until the following year but is of course the most desirable specification.
This LHD special equipment (SE) roadster is offered for sale in excellent as restored condition. The car has been subjected to a thorough service in our workshops and is available to view immediately.