This motor car is no longer available - Please contact us for any further information you may require.
The Ferrari Testarossa went into production in 1984 as the successor to the Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer. The Pininfarina-designed car was originally produced from 1984 to 1991. This was not the first Testarossa in Ferrari's history. In the late 1950's the Testarossa name was used for one of its vehicles because of red cam covers. Testarossa means 'redhead'. The Testarossa was first shown at the 1984 Paris Auto Show . The engine was a modified version of the 512 BB. It had four-valves per cylinder, Marelli electronic ignition, Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection, and capable of producing 390 bhp from the 4943 cc horizontally opposed 12 cylinder. The 0 to 60 mph time was an impressive for the day (and even by today's standards!) factory quoted time of 5.3 seconds and top speed was above 180 mph. All versions of the Testarossa were rear wheel drive and had a rear-mounted, five-speed manual transmission.
The F512 M (the very last variant of Testarossa) was Ferrari's last mid-engined flat 12-cylinder car built. The Testarossa is instantly recognizable by its large cold-air inlets located on the side of the car. This was necessary because of the new location of the twin radiators in the rear. By doing this, it allowed space up front for luggage and resolved the cabin overheating problems of the previous BB's.
In 1992 production of the Testarossa ceased after almost 7200 units were sold making it one of the most popular Ferrari models ever.
This example offered for sale by DK Engineering is an original and late "twin mirror" UK RHD car and was delivered by Nigel Mansell Sports Cars and first registered in April 1990. Presented in gorgeous Giallo Fly with Crema Leather, Biscuit Carpets and dash. During its early life this car was used very sparingly covering just 1700 miles in its first 6 years! With this the car has always been maintained to the highest standard, by the right people and as a result remains in superb condition throughout. In January 2010 a Major cambelt service was carried out by CARRS in Exeter. In April 2011 an annual service was carried out by DK Engineering at a recorded mileage of 27,300 miles resulting in a car that is on the button and ready to use this summer by its new owner.