This motor car is no longer available - Please contact us for any further information you may require.
The XK140 was introduced in late 1954 as a replacement to the XK120 and sold as a 1955 model. The primary visual change was the more substantial front and rear bumpers, with large overriders. Another new feature was modern flashing turn signals, operated by a separate switch on the dash. The twin amber lights positioned above the front bumper helped to distinguish the XK140 Front grille size stayed the same but became a one piece cast unit with fewer, thicker vertical slats. The Jaguar badge was fitted to the grille itself, rather than being mounted between the grille and hood/bonnet as on the XK-120. A chrome trim strip extended back over the bonnet and at the rear continued down the centre of the boot lid, where it contained a red shield with the words 'Winner Le Mans 1951-3' inscribed in gold. The interior was improved for taller drivers with an addition of 3 inches of legroom, as a result of relocating the engine, firewall and dash forward.
The XK140 continued to feature the famous Jaguar XK engine with the Special Equipment modifications from the XK120 as standard, increasing the specified power by 10 bhp to 190 bhp at 5500 rpm. The special C-Type cylinder head was also carried through from the XK120 catalogue as an option, specified at 210 bhp at 5750 rpm. A car fitted with the C-type cylinder head, 2-inch Sandcast H8 carburettors, heavier front torsion bars and twin exhaust pipes was known in the UK as an XK-140 SE. In North America it was popularly called an XK-140 MC. The XK140 was available in three body styles.
This example, is an OTS (Open Two Seater) Special Equipment specification roadster and has a light canvas top assembly that when lowered fits behind the seats and thus completely disappears inside the body. Fitted with the C-Type cylinder head and spotlights as part of the special equipment package as well as 2" H8 Sandcast Carburettors this totally rust free and original car is presented in British Racing Green with matching painted 16" 60 spoke wire wheels (also part of the special equipment package). The Car has been fitted with a with a "dynator"; an alternator in the original dynamo sized housing, thus providing better performance whilst maintaining an original appearance. The 3.8 Litre Engine has been rebuilt to the highest standard by DK Engineering, as has the overhaul of the Brakes, suspension and steering. The interior has been retrimmed recently by M.C.T again to the highest standard in suede Green hide with new bucket seats (although the original seats are included).