The much sought-after Ferrari 246 Dino GT was named after Enzo Ferrari's son Alfredino, who died in 1956, aged 24 years. Enzo Ferrari credits his son with the inspiration for a series of successful small and medium capacity V6 racing engines built by Ferrari from 1956, and in turn the name was given to a new line of mid-engined production Ferrari V6 coupés, which first went on sale in 1969. The Dino 246GT has proved to be one of the most satisfying and successful automobiles built by Ferrari and paved the way for the emerging generation of mid-engined Ferraris. It is widely regarded as one of the best-handling and most gratifying automobiles of the early 70s, it is one of the most attractive, delicately balanced designs ever produced by the masters at Pininfarina. As a result Dinos have enjoyed a well-deserved recent surge in popularity.
This early "M" series car (one of 497 built) was supplied new by Maranello Concessonaires in December 1970. This Dino was specified in Azzuro Metallizato with Nero upholstery and carpets. The first owner a Mr J Shone owned the car two years before selling to a Mrs Shaw of 1 Park Lane Gardens; she owned the car for a further 10 years. Since then the car has had 6 further owners, the most recent of which commissioned a full restoration of the car which included the vehicle being stripped to a bare chassis. The restoration is now complete and the car is painted to the highest standard in Rosso with Tan "Daytona" style (period correct) leather trim. The car is accompanied by an extensive file of bills, MOTs and a detailed description of all restoration works. Fresh from a total restoration this beautiful Dino wants for absolutely nothing and is ready to be used and enjoyed on the road or at shows and concours events.