The GTS version of the 246 Dino arrived at the Geneva Salon in March 1972. It featured a removable targa roof panel that could be stowed behind the seats, the chassis being reinforced with extra bracing along the sides and front of the engine frame.
Visibly the GTS had no rear three-quarter windows, these being replaced by a bank of three vents carved out from each sail panel. GTS's were all built on the series III platform. Production of both the GT and GTS came to an end in 1974, over 3700 Dino's having been delivered since the spring of 1968, 1431 of which were Series III GT's. This included 446 right-hand drive examples while 1274 GTS were built in just over two years, 235 of which were in right-hand drive.
This example was delivered by Maranello Concessionaires in 1973, presented in Azzuro Metallizzato (which was not one of the nine Dino colours and is thus "Special Order" paint), with Nero leather. The original order sheet shows the options of full leather (very rare) and power operated windows were selected by Combs and sons ltd for their customer Hugh Murray of Moss ltd.
Circa 1975 the car was purchased from the unknown second owner by James Porter. Soon after this Fewster & Dennis Ltd purchased this Dino, repainted it black and then sold the car on to the fourth owner, Leonard Peach. Clearly impressed by the car, Albert Dennis the owner of Fewster & Dennis, repurchased the vehicle from Leonard Peach and kept it for personal use for 28 years. During this period the car was used only very sparingly meaning the mileage remained exceedingly low.
For many years the car lay in a dismantled state while the engine and mechanicals were rebuilt. In 2004 the cars most recent owner bought the car and in 2007 undertook a bare metal body restoration which saw chassis 05562 return to its original and special colour combination. The car is presented today in as restored condition having covered just 18,000 miles since new and is ready to view in our showrooms just outside London.
The DK™ Logo and DK Engineering™ are registered trade marks of D.K. Engineering (Holdings) Limited
© Copyright 2022 - All Rights Reserved