The GTS version of the 246 Dino arrived at the Geneva Salon in March 1972, it was built on the series III platform and featured a removable targa roof panel that could be stowed behind the seats. The chassis was also modified with reinforced extra bracing along the sides and front of the engine frame. Aside the targa top visibly the GTS could be identified by the lack of rear three-quarter windows, these being replaced by a bank of three vents carved out from each sail panel. Production of both the GT and GTS came to an end in 1974, just 1274 GTSs were built.
This example was built in late 1973 and delivered by Autobecker in May 1974 to its first owner. The car was presented in the striking colour combination of Blu Dino Metallizato with Crema interior. The first owner amazingly kept the car until his death in circa 2004, even following this, the car remained with the same family until 2013. A real one family owner car from new. After 40 years eventually the car left its original custodians and was purchased by a dealer.
This remarkable Dino had remained in superb condition always being extremely well maintained. However, at this time the decision was made to restore the car, albeit very sympathetically. In 2013 the car was purchased by its current and only second private owner who had the interior changed to Nero. The car remains in superb condition and has again been extremely well maintained in recent years. Amazingly the car is accompanied by its original tool kit and book pack complete with spare keys, instruction manual and even warranty card. The car is available to view immediately in our showrooms just outside London.
The DK™ Logo and DK Engineering™ are registered trade marks of D.K. Engineering (Holdings) Limited
© Copyright 2021 - All Rights Reserved