+44 (0)1923 287687

Jaguar XK150 S

Superb Condition - RHD

This motor car is no longer availablePlease contact us for any further information you may require.

This vehicle is no longer for sale

Although having a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140, the XK150 was radically modernized. A one piece windscreen replaced the split screen, and the wing line no longer dropped as much over the doors. The bonnet was widened, opened down to the wings, and on the roadster the bulkhead was moved back 4 inches (102 mm) to make the bonnet longer. The car was available in a variety of colours. In the interior, the XK140's walnut dashboard was replaced by one trimmed in leather.
The standard engine, the same as fitted to the XK140, was the 3.4 litre DOHC Jaguar straight-6 rated at 180 BHP at 5750 rpm. The SE engine had a modified cylinder head with larger exhaust valves rated at 210 BHP at 5500 rpm. These had twin 1.75-inch (44 mm) SU HD6 carburettors fitted. Four-wheel Dunlop 12 in (305 mm) disc brakes appeared for the first time although it was theoretically possible to order a car with drums. Either wire wheels or disc wheels could be specified. Suspension and chassis were very similar to that on the XK140 and steering was by rack and pinion. The XK 150 was launched initially as the FHC or DHC in 1957 - the roadster did not reach production until the following year but is of course the most desirable specification.
Surprisingly the early XK150s suffered from a slight performance deficit on the XK140 and so in the spring of 1958 The XK150 S was added, the introduction of three (as opposed to two) enlarged SU carburettors and a straight ported cylinders boosted power to a phenomenal 250 BHP. Enough to propel the car to 60mph in almost 7 seconds. Unsurprisingly the XK150 S examples are the most desirable of the XK150 range
This XK150 Roadster, was delivered new in October of 1958 to New York Jaguar. The car remained in the U.S.A until imported to the U.K for restoration in circa 1995. The restoration, which included a thorough engine rebuild, was completed in 1996 and since then the car has covered less than 10,000 miles. The current owner, who purchased the car in 2006, has maintained it in excellent condition and as such this XK 150 remains in utterly superb condition.